So it turns out that last week on Sunday when the sonographer measured my lining she did it wrong! WTF! I went in on Tues feeling really positive and the (different) sonographer said it was still thin and 4.7. She seemed a bit unwilling to drop her colleague in it but I was not amused and I went from being positive to thinking that this was going to be yet another dud frozen cycle preparation month. I went back on Thurs and things were looking better as the lining was now 6.1. I then had to go back on Saturday when it was 7.1 and today (Sunday) when it was 7.6. It’s also good quality being triple lined (I don’t usually have a problem with that, it’s just the thickness which is an issue). Whilst I’m pleased that the lining is looking better than the last couple of failed attempts to get to transfer I’m truly fed up with traipsing to that clinic especially when I go in on the weekend as it’s nearly a 2 hour round trip not including the time spent at the actual clinic (it’s much easier if I go on my way to work or when I’m at work as it’s only 25-30 mins from my work). And it’s a bank holiday weekend this weekend and the constant visits have impacted my ability to enjoy the weekend and to relax. I understand that they’re monitoring the follicles and that timing the ovulation is important, not because of the eggs, but in order to get my progesterone started correctly, and also to get the lining to it’s optimum but it’s annoying as being a weekend and then bank holiday the clinic is only open short hours that I have to fit in with. So today when they told me I had to go in tomorrow on bank holiday Mon after going in the last 2 days (and fit in with their shortened hours) as well I really baulked. I was looking forward to a relaxing day (well apart from my driving lesson and my Pilates class) as I’ve been out all day on Sat and Sun (after rushing to fit in the clinic visits both days). I was also quite reluctant to cancel my driving lesson as my instructor is so booked up she wouldn’t be able to rearrange so I’d just have to skip a week, and I’d also get charged to cancel my Pilates class. But I agreed to go in if it was really necessary. Anyway in the end they said I could go in on Tues and do my trigger tomorrow. I’m still not sure when transfer will be as it depends on when the ovulation actually happens (again a bit more uncertain than if I was having my eggs collected and it means I’ll potentially have to go to the clinic every day until it does) but I guess earliest will be a week on Mon.
In terms of what my eggs are doing I have 2 large follicles on my left ovary and a number of smaller ones on my right. The largest follicle is nearly ready hence the need to trigger tomorrow. Even though we’re not using them I thought I’d be more concerned with the number of follicles and potential maturity but I’ve only been taking the stimulation drugs every other day so wasn’t expecting huge numbers and haven’t dwelled on figures too much. Though a little bit of me is sad at the waste even with small numbers particularly when we’re going to be using donor eggs.
Every so often this last week I’ve had the fears about going though the two week wait – I think it gets worse each time as you know in advance how awful it is. Plus my husband put his foot down earlier this week and said he was done with IVF after this try. But I’m trying to put the (hopefully) forthcoming wait and the weight of the importance of it working as it looks like our last shot (although I’ve said that before) from my mind and just take each day at a time. I still have to build this lining and the embryos still have to defrost ok before I can even get to transfer….eeek.